If you want to know How to Clean the Printhead on a HP Deskjet 460 printer because you are experiencing such the dirty printhead that cause a problem with your printer, take it easy, we’ll let you know that you don’t need to call a technician for you can do it yourself. Those are some ways to overcame the problem.
Clean the Printhead on a HP Deskjet 460 Printer automatically
Often the printhead is only slightly dirty. This is often where the automatic cleaning of your HP printer helps. Automatic cleaning can be found on most Hewlett Packard devices via the menu on the display:
Follow the following steps:
- Turn on your HP printer and make sure there is enough paper in the tray.
- Open the settings and switch to the “Extras” option.
- Here you decide on the topic “cleaning printhead”.
- Your printer will start cleaning the printhead and printer cartridges. This may take a few minutes.
- Start printing when cleaning is complete.
Clean the Printhead on a HP Deskjet 460 Printer Manually
If your printhead still does not work after cleaning, you’ll have to lend a hand yourself. The following method to clean the Printhead on a HP Deskjet 460 printer is you must first remove the print head and then clean it with a cloth.
- Turn off the printer and open the door to the printer cartridges. If they are not in the center after auto alignment, restart the printer and wait until the cartridges have moved to the appropriate position.
- Carefully remove all ink cartridges over the small levers and place them face up on a flat surface.
- Now remove the HP printhead by pulling the large lever up.
- Take it out carefully and place it on a piece of paper.
- Now moisten a clean, fine cloth (microfiber) or some paper lightly with distilled water and clean the contacts of the printhead. Tip: As an alternative, you can also use a coffee filter paper or glasses cleaning cloth.
- Now clean the contacts. To do so, use a clean cloth to remove any deposits of ink and dirt from the edge between the nozzles and the contacts.
- Please also clean the plastic sides of the print head with another cloth and dry all areas carefully until they are dry.
- Now go back to the HP printer: here, clean the electrical contacts to which the printhead is connected with light movements from top to bottom and dry everything thoroughly.
- Replace the printhead and ink cartridges, and then reconnect your HP printer. Print a sample page to check the print quality. If you can not remove all ink residue, you can also insert the print head in lukewarm water until the remains soften. Then clean again. Read more below.
Clean the HP DesktJet 460 Printhead with Water
- The 3rd method to clean the Printhead on a HP Deskjet 460 printer is to fill a bowl with some distilled water or a special nozzle cleaner.
- Gently place the printhead in the container. Make sure, however, that the contacts do not come into contact with the water.
- Leave the printhead in a water bath for a few hours and then wipe off any contaminants with a cloth. Dry the device thoroughly before replacing it in the printer.
- Remove remaining ink from your printer cartridges and the printhead plastic housing before replacing them.
- First, open your printer so you can see the printer cartridges.
- These can then be removed via the small levers. Place the cartridges with the ink holes facing up on a piece of paper.
- Loosen the printhead with the lever on the right side. After that, you can just take it out.
- Using a damp cloth, clean the printhead contacts, the edge between the nozzles and contacts, and the plastic sides of the printhead.
- Also in the printer you should carefully clean the contacts and then wipe dry.
- Before you reinstall everything, you can still remove ink residue from your printer cartridges and the plastic housing of the printhead.
- This article refers to the HP Photosmart B110a. Individual designations and construction may differ from other models.