How to Reset the Ink Levels on HP Deskjet Printer – If your Hewlett Packard DeskJet printer gives a low-ink message, even if you think your cartridge still has some ink left, you can simply reset the ink levels for the printer. Once you have reset the ink levels, you will be able to confirm if the cartridge is really empty. If it is empty, you can replace it with a new one.
Steps How to Reset the Ink Levels on HP Deskjet
1. Turn on the HP DeskJet printer. Turn it back on and connect it to your computer with the USB cable.
2. Click Open “Start” menu on your computer. Click “Control Panel,” and then double-click “Printers and Faxes.”
3. Locate the HP DeskJet printer icon along with the model number. Right-click this icon, and then click Properties from the pop-up list.
4. On the “Services” tab, select “Service this device”.
5. The last step how to reset the Ink levels on HP Deskjet is to select the Ink Level Estimate tab and click the Reset Ink Level option. The printer then displays a refreshed ink level printer cartridge for your printer.
Tips & Suggestion
Replace the cartridge if you find the ink level low. Buy the same model as that installed on your printer.